Friday, September 12, 2014

Time Warp Resume

Ok... proof that I'm behind the times in the job market! When did the cover letter start heading straight for the recycle bin? In finally speaking to friends about not getting any calls and asking about what people look for in a resume and cover letter, I've discovered that everything needs to be in the resume - which can now also be more than one page long.

I'm telling you, I think being a stay-at-home mom was equivalent to being in a bubble for nine years in some ways. I was totally unaware that I was out of the loop!

Back to the drawing board for me! Hopefully resume 2.0 will be more successful. Wish me luck!

On an up side - I've been a frequent visitor of my easel again lately. It's like revisiting an old friend. You pick right up where you left off and hours melt away.

No comments: